Beautiful Castles in Munich
Beautiful castles in Munich – München still leaves a legacy of their ancestors to the world, as important assets as well as tourism. As the residence of the king, who still looks gorgeous, like the building yesterday afternoon. When to travel to Munich, do not forget to visit the following four beautiful palaces.
[divider]Beautiful Castle in Germany[/divider]
The Beautiful Castles in Munich, Germany
Castle in Munich – Below listed four beautiful castles in Munich, Germany that you must see and visit when you are on vacation or holiday in Germany. Here some beautiful castles in Munich:
1. Schloss Nymphenburg
Schloss Nymphenburg is a palace for a break in the summer of the King of Bavaria. This baroque-rococo-style palace is one of the largest castles in Europe. Six generations of rulers in the Wittelsbach dynasty took part in the manufacture of Nymphenburg.
The rooms inside the castle so vast and magnificent, reflecting the distinctive style of each king who had occupied it. One feature is the glamor Bavaria, i.e., the hunting lodge decorated crystal and gold.
The castle garden is vast, covering an area of 200 hectares located in the rear of the palace complete with canals, waterfalls, fountains, lakes, and white geese.
- Operational Palace: Every day (9:00 to 6:00 p.m. when April – October 15 & 10:00 to 16:00 when October 16th – March)
- Operational Park: Everyday – (6:00 to 21:30 in summer and 6:30 to 17:30 in winter)
- Tickets: € 11.50 (season ticket) – € 6 (palace)
- Address: Schloss Nymphenburg 1, München
- Transportation: Tram 17, N16, bus 51 (Schloss Nymphenburg)
2. Residenz München
Residenz München is the palace of government and residence of the ruler of Bavaria since 1508 – 1918. From a modest castle in the year 1385 over the centuries evolved into a magnificent palace.
Inside the palace, there are ten spacious yards, 130 rooms, including the Residenz Museum, Schatzkammer (Treasure Chamber & jewelry), and Cuvillies Theater (auditorium). Main page (Hofgarten) palace is equipped with a round-shaped temple, garden strawberries, and other fruit trees.
- Operations: Everyday (9:00 to 18:00 when the summer and 10:00 to 17:00 when winter)
- Tickets: € 13
- Address: Residenzstraβe 1, München
- Transportation: subway U3, U6, bus 100 (Odeonsplatz)
3. Schloss Schleißheim
Schloss Schleiβheim located on the outskirts of Munich is 30 minutes from the city center. The palace with a large garden in baroque style is composed of 3 buildings.
The first building is Alte Schleiβheim built in 1598 clad in Renaissance style and was expanded in 1617 – 1623. In 1684-1688, King Maximillian II built the Lustheim baroque palace.
Schleiβheim Neue (New Schleiβheim) is the most magnificent of length greater than 300 meters. Its construction took place between 1719-1726.
- Operations: Everyday (9:00 to 18:00 when April to October and 10:00 to 16:00 when the October-March)
- Tickets: € 8 (season ticket) – € 3 (Alte Schleiβheim) – € 4.50 (Neue Schleiβheim) – € 3.50 (Lustheim)
- Address: 85 764 Oberschleiβheim, Germany
- Transportation: Train S1 (Oberschleiβheim), bus 292 (Schloss Lustheim)
4. Neuschwanstein Castle
If you visit Munich, Germany, which is the region Bayern (Bavaria) do not forget to visit the magnificent castle of Neuschwanstein (New Swan Stone). The palace is located in the Allgäu Alps and can be reached from the palace Nyphemburg, Munich, about 1 hour 40 minutes by car transport. But to come to the castle, needed to walk or ride the horse, the only public transportation provided at this location.
Neuschwanstein name itself inspired from the Opera Lohengrin by Richard Wagner on epic Swan Knight. In the Castle itself, you can meet swans paintings and sculptures scattered throughout the room.
This palace has been the inspiration of Walt Disney like “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Cinderella” and “Sleeping Beauty”. Look at the shape of the palace in this movie you will be inspired to visit the castle Neuschwanstein as one of the beautiful castles in Munich.
If you want to know more about Neuschwanstein Castle, you must read this article: The Cold and Beautiful Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany.
Other recommend travel articles that must you read.
- 13 Important GoPro Tips when Traveling for Beginner.
- 8 Reason Why Travel Insurance Is Very Important.
- Palawan Island is The Best Islands in the Philippines.
- Top 10 Most Romantic Places in Italy.
- Gianicolo Hill Rome: The Best Night Attractions in Rome, Italy.
- The Unexposed Secret of Benagil Cave in Portugal.
- Top 5 Best Ecuador Travel Destinations.